Rose: The Unsung Skincare Hero

Rose - The Unsung Skincare Hero

Oils are one of the basic building blocks in many skincare products. However they are easily lost in the chemical-laden ingredients lists of our favourite cosmetic items. Going back to basics is one of the best things you can do for your skin. Rose is no exception – it has everything you need.

*This post contains links to a product sent to me by a company for review and may contain affiliate links. This means any products bought through my links give me a small percentage of what you have paid. This does not alter my opinion of the product, but it does help me pay for the upkeep of the blog. For more information, take a look at my Disclaimer.

Skincare is the most important part in any beauty routine. If you treat your skin well, it will look its best and you’ll be able to flaunt your stuff with confidence. Equally, if you want to wear makeup, good skincare will leave the best possible canvas to work on. An exfoliated, moisturised face will make sure no foundation sticks and makes your face look cakey.

Basic oils are the original skincare essentials, but they are completely masked in so many products. Coconut oil has made a huge comeback. People are much more aware of how good it is for their skin now. I personally love to use it to remove my makeup. Other people use it as a lip or hair treatment or teeth whitener.

Many other oils and beauty basics are also making a comeback. Coffee grounds as a scrub, argan oil for hair, marula oil for the skin. I think Rose Oil deserves a place up there with the greats – it is an amazing skincare all-rounder. It does everything you need for a skincare basic. Rose could be a game-changer for so many people, if they just knew what it could do for them!

Dr Botanicals Moroccan Rose Body Cream

I’ve recently felt so caught up in trends. I fill online baskets with outfits I can’t afford and skincare products with long ingredient lists and price tags bigger than a weeks rent. I was so glad when Dr Botanicals sent me a pot of their glorious Moroccan Rose and Shea Butter Body Repairing Cream. It is so luxurious and really shows that you can’t beat the basics.

Dr Botanicals

Dr Botanicals uses a blend of high quality Vegan friendly ingredients to leave the skin supple, hydrated and silky soft. It contains Moroccan Rose Oil, Shea Butter and Apricot Kernel oil.

The cream sinks into the skin quickly and leaves it feeling deeply moisturised and aromatic. I love the way it feels, my skin is never sticky or greasy after using it.

If you want to know why you need to add Rose into your skincare, I’ll outline the reasons now!

Rose for Breakouts and Skin Ailments

Rose has natural antibacterial properties which help fight spot-causing bacteria. If you have pimple-prone skin then a rose based product can help soothe redness and prevent further breakouts. It is an anti-inflammatory and so can also be useful in the calming of rosacea and eczema. Here you have the ultimate skin soother.

Rose for Moisturising and Anti-Ageing

Rose is intensely moisturising and is packed with antioxidants. It is great for dehydrated or aged skin – it helps to firm the skin and give it glow. Being packed full of vitamin C also means it is incredible at fighting ageing free-radicals keeping skin looking beautiful.

Rose for a Healthier mentality

Rose is often used for its aroma-therapeutic qualities, and using it in your skincare is an easy way to benefit. It’s scent can ease stress, promote positivity and uplift your mood. It is the perfect option to calm, relax and cheer you up! Perfect for evening pamper sessions!

Rose is generally an expensive ingredient, as it takes around 60 Roses to make one single drop of essential oil. One drop. So I highly recommend you take advantage of any deals on rose skincare products as and when you find them! Have you tried any products containing rose before? Do you have a holy grail skincare basic like coconut or argan oil?

16 Comments

• naomirowan
      March 29, 2017 / 11:16 am

They are so luxurious aren’t they? Thanks for dropping by!

1. March 29, 2017 / 9:33 am

That sounds lovely!! I have British Rose moisturiser from The Body Shop and love it 🙂 xx

• naomirowan
      March 29, 2017 / 9:35 am

Oooh I’ll have to give that a go! Body Shop does lovely moisturisers

2. March 29, 2017 / 9:20 am

I absolutely love Rose based skincare! It not only smells gorgeous (I definitely agree with you on its aroma-therapeutic qualities) but it works wonders on your skin! This product sounds fab, Dr Botanicals is a trusty brand! My favourite Rose skincare product is the NYR Wild Rose Beauty Balm, it’s amazing!

Abbey http://www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

• naomirowan
      April 9, 2017 / 8:58 pm

Yes – I am loving it! Oooh I’ll have to check that out, thanks for the recommendation!

3. TheCrimsonCardigan
    March 20, 2017 / 7:13 am

I love the scent of rose! Unfortunately, I can’t have it on my skin, because it causes a reaction. I can’t use coconut oil on my face either. I just stick to rose scents to keep me satisfied lol!

• naomirowan
      March 20, 2017 / 8:22 am

Oh no that’s such a shame! At least you can still appreciate the scent. Have you smelt Stella McCartney’s Stella perfume? I always think it smells like roses on me!

4. March 14, 2017 / 5:26 pm

This looks like such lovey skincare. I seriously have no good skin care and these look great. Also sound like they smell lovely.

• naomirowan
      March 14, 2017 / 5:43 pm

I got a couple of great skincare things recently! Nip + Fab glycolic pads, origins gin zing eye cream, la Roche posay serozinc toning spray – and I love this Dr Botanicals cream for all over my body!

• naomirowan
      March 14, 2017 / 5:47 pm

Rose is amazing for the skin, and doesn’t irritate! Yeah that’s why a lot of rose products are so expensive! Thank you so much for commenting – apologies for the slow reply x

5. February 10, 2017 / 3:05 pm

Ohhh so glad you posted this, ive just purchased Neal’s Yard Remedies Wild Rose set so it’s great to see all the benefits of rose! I’m really hoping it’ll calm down my breakouts!
    PaleGirlRambling

• naomirowan
      April 4, 2017 / 1:46 pm

So Sorry for the late reply! I love Neals Yard! And yes, Rose products are so luxurious. I really hope the set is helping you!

6. February 9, 2017 / 8:13 pm

I absolutely love rose. I love the oil, the smell, even rose flavoured food. I really like the sound of this range.

• naomirowan
      February 9, 2017 / 8:18 pm

Me too! I had Turkish delight/rosewater flavoured ice cream once and it was the most refreshing thing. It is really lovely stuff, so deeply moisturising and leaves such a light fragrance on the skin! And it isn’t sticky! If you’d like to try it definitely take advantage of the offer! Think I need to stock up…