L’Oréal Pure Clay Detox Mask

L’Oréal Pure Clay Detox Mask

Ever wondered what those clay masks or charcoal products are like? Well I’ve tried and tested this one to hopefully answer some of your questions!

On my most recent peruse around Boots, I stumbled across the Clay Mask range by L’Oreal. Naturally, I had to pick one up to test for you guys (the Detox Mask). Of course that was the only reason…

The Range

This range consists of 3 different clay masks in glass, screw top jars priced at £7.99 in Boots and I believe they are currently on offer at £5.29 at Superdrug. There is the Purity Mask, the Detox Mask and the Glow Mask. I’ve seen photos of people using all three masks on different parts of their faces to target certain skin ailments, but I’m not so good at pinpointing the exact places I need certain things on my face so I just bought one.

L'Oreal Paris Pure Clay Masks.jpg

Taken from the L’Oréal website

I was drawn to the Charcoal (detoxifying, clarifying) mask as I have heard so much about the benefits of Charcoal. It can help purify water, whiten your teeth, alleviate bloating, cleanse your digestive system, help prevent hangovers. The list goes on. Basically, its magical.

Detox Mask

The jar the product comes in holds 50ml, which is apparently 10 applications. I haven’t used the whole jar but from what I can see this looks pretty accurate.

It’s best to apply a thin layer all over the face (or wherever you want I guess). This is key, I think. The mask dries really quickly, but I found that the parts where I had layered it slightly thicker didn’t dry completely and it didn’t feel like those parts got the full effect.

This was the first time I had applied the mask and the darker parts are the bits which hadn’t dried properly. Hint: work quickly, this stuff dries real fast! This mask makes my skin feel wonderful – and it is one of those things that feels like it is working. I have slightly larger pores on and around my nose, and you could see this reflected in the way the mask sat on my skin.

After leaving it on your face for 5 minutes you wash this off using warm water. If you have used any clay based masks or washes before you will know what it is like; it takes a bit of melting off with the warm water as the clay dries really well onto your skin. My face felt so clean after this mask, and I really feel like my pores were cleaned out.

Is it worth it?

I think that this mask works amazingly for the price (considering it is about 80p a use) but I am not sure if I would be comfortable using it 2-3 times a week as it suggests on the box. Not yet anyway. I have had extreme drying side-effects from clay face washes before, so I am slightly wary. it was probably just that one product but I don’t want to tale that risk! I would always bring something gradually into your skincare routine and make sure it isn’t causing any irritation or reactions before using anything religiously.

Do you have any masks you LOVE? Please let me know!

Follow me on Instagram and Twitter (@naomirowan_blog) to keep updated on posts to come!

bloglovin-logo

45 Comments

1. May 9, 2017 / 8:07 am

I’ve used the detox one, but I wasn’t blown away by it. Glad you enjoyed this one though 🙂

2. April 18, 2017 / 11:06 am

I love face masks but I still haven’t tried the L’Oréal ones. Trying to get through the collection I’ve built up at home before purchasing some more. Haha. A great review, thanks for sharing!

Sabah || http://www.womanishaffairs.org

• naomirowan
      April 22, 2017 / 12:46 pm

Haha this sounds like a good plan! Narrow down your collection a little before buying more. I need to take this advice more often…

3. December 2, 2016 / 9:36 pm

A great post! I have just started using masks actually and have tried the Charlotte Tilbury Goddess Skin Mask and it’s quite literally amazing.

This one looks fantastic and love the green colour, think it’s one to go on my to try list as I’m really getting into them!

Thanks for sharing.

Laura xx
    http://www.shehearts.net (#SheHeartsChat) 🙂

• naomirowan
      December 2, 2016 / 9:45 pm

I haven’t tried anything from Charlotte Tilbury yet, but that sounds absolutely amazing! This probably doesn’t quite live up to that, but the price will reflect that no doubt. I don’t think it’s bad for its price at all though!
      Thanks for reading! xx

4. November 20, 2016 / 12:36 pm

Great review, I have been so keen to try these for a while and my choice would be the detox Mask as I have massive pores 🙁 it sounds amazing but like you, I get massive drying from clay masks so would probably limit to one a week.

Amy | http://www.whatamydid.co.uk

• November 20, 2016 / 12:58 pm

They feel so satisfying though when they tighten! I’ve been using the Body Shop vitamin E overnight moisture mask which is great! Just an intense moisturiser and its kind of gel-like and refreshing too! Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment! xx

5. November 3, 2016 / 1:33 am

Love this article, along with your page!
    Keep up the great content.
    Follow me or check out some of our info below. – Great minds think alike 😉

XOXO, Tia

• November 3, 2016 / 5:58 am

Thank you! I’m glad you like it! Will do 🙂 x

6. November 1, 2016 / 9:54 pm

Have you tried any others in the range? Thanks for taking the time to comment!

7. October 24, 2016 / 11:07 am

I’ve been wanting to try these products for a while and your review on them just makes me want them even more now that I know they are worth the money!! Great post lovely! X

8. October 22, 2016 / 7:11 pm

I love the look of this mask! As weird as it is to say, I love how it brings your pores up, it’s so interesting!

• October 22, 2016 / 7:13 pm

Me too, it’s kind of satisfying in a slightly gross way. It makes me feel like it’s actually doing something!

9. October 22, 2016 / 4:42 pm

I can’t wait to try these! I love your lay out and theme too xx

• October 22, 2016 / 6:38 pm

I really need to try them! So many YouTubers raving about them 🙂 thanks for reading xx

10. October 17, 2016 / 4:45 pm

It evens skin tone, and gets rid of blemishes v quickly 🙂

11. October 16, 2016 / 4:29 pm

Hi I definitely want to give this a try considering its amazing price, I would highly recommend using the Body Shop Charcoal clay mask – it is slightly pricier than this one but is also great 🙂

trustthewanderlustblog.wordpress.com

• October 16, 2016 / 4:47 pm

What effect do you find it has? Thanks for reading, it is indeed a great price! Xx

• October 12, 2016 / 10:24 am

I didn’t actually end up using that brush as it is so soft and fine, a sturdier foundation brush would do the job though!

• thebrightoner
        October 12, 2016 / 10:28 am

Ah right I use a flat foundation brush! I’ve seen spas and things use fan brushes xx

• October 12, 2016 / 10:44 am

Oooh fancy! It was just lying around I’m afraid and though it looked nice in the pic, sorry if it was misleading! I should try that though!

12. October 10, 2016 / 4:37 pm

I’ve wanted to try one of these type of masks for ages. It’s nice to know L’Oréal do one which is affordable. Great post x

• October 9, 2016 / 12:05 pm

The one I reviewed, the charcoal one is the Detox Mask! Pale green packaging?

13. beautylifemom
    October 5, 2016 / 4:10 am

These masks are interesting! I like using masks when I can- my skin always feels so soft afterwards! I’ve enjoyed masks by Oil of Olay, Freeman, and Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay.
    XX
    Jen
    Beautylifemom.com

• October 5, 2016 / 5:08 pm

I’ll have to try these ones! To be honest I haven’t tried many. I’d love to have a few I rely on to target different issues. Plumping, brightening, spot clearing etc xx

14. September 27, 2016 / 7:58 pm

thank you for the review , great post lovely ! I really want to try this now ! x

• September 27, 2016 / 7:59 pm

It’s well worth a go for the price! I really want to try the glow mask. Gotta love a bit more glowiness!

• September 27, 2016 / 8:06 pm

It’s on my list for the next payday ! Definitely especially when it starts to get a bit colder !

• September 27, 2016 / 8:11 pm

I always worry that clay based products are gonna drain the moisture out of my skin so for winter I’d definitely make sure you throughly moisturise 🙂 xx

• September 26, 2016 / 3:10 pm

I really want to try the other two out! Let me know how you get on 🙂 x

• September 26, 2016 / 3:18 pm

Once I am able to get my hands on it I will! Every time I go to buy it, it’s sold out! Just my luck

• September 26, 2016 / 3:23 pm

Oh nooo! Maybe try online? They’ve been on a deal at both boots and superdrug recently… Worth checking x

15. September 26, 2016 / 2:41 pm

Yes I will!! I’ve tried the Starskin red carpet ready mask and that was amazing but they’re pricey so only use them for special occasions lol xx

• September 26, 2016 / 2:50 pm

Ooh I havent tried those! What do they do?

• September 26, 2016 / 5:02 pm

They just do everything to your skin!! They make it feel good, look good, make your skin glow and my makeup just glided on!! So amazing!! I’ve only tried the Red Carpet one which is specifically to prime your skin for a night out, but try them I’m sure there’s different ones for different skin types, etc, let me know what you think xx

• September 26, 2016 / 5:41 pm

They sound amazing! Thank you 🙂 and thanks for reading xx

16. BeautyandTheBoy
    September 26, 2016 / 1:30 pm

I like the idea of the Detox mask because my skin can get really oily which is a bitch because the rest of my face is perpetually dry haha

17. September 23, 2016 / 7:57 am

I personally feel like it didn’t do as much for my skin as other masks I’ve tried but I will continue to use it though as it is one of the only masks that does not leave my face feeling completely dry! X

18. September 23, 2016 / 5:00 am

I love this mask! I’ve been using it for a few weeks now and it’s great. It’s definitely my favourite out of the three! 🙂 Great review.

Nicole | The Glam Surge

• September 23, 2016 / 7:32 am

I really like it but still like the sound of the others too! Good to know how got a good one out of the three though 🙂 thank you for reading xx