I answer questions from my nominator, and nominate other bloggers to answer some questions from me!
I was very excited to be nominated for the Liebster award by Sprinklesandsparkles, thank you so much for choosing me! My first award! Her blog is AWESOME! Check it out here. She writes about, her life, beauty, travel and “everything and anything that matters to her, and anything she thinks that matters to everybody else”.
I hadn’t heard of this award before – being relatively new to blogging – so I decided to do some investigating.
It is a virtual award, and follows the model of a chain letter: when it is passed to you, you complete it and pass it on to more people. It is not essential that you do the award if it is passed to you, but I thought it would be a good way to make my blog a bit more personal and share some of the blogs that I love!
In researching the award I discovered that several different sets of rules have evolved, so I will go by the rules that my nominator went by:
1. Thank the blogger who presented you with this award and link back to their blog.
2. Write 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions posed by the blogger who presented you with the award.
4. Nominate 5-11 bloggers you think deserve the award who have less than 200 followers. (Let them know they’ve been nominated!)
5. Provide your nominees with 11 questions to answer.
11 Facts about Me
- My lucky colour is green. I always choose it if possible for board games.
- I sing classical/opera and plan to go to music college in the future.
- I moved out as soon as I finished school and found somewhere to stay 100 miles away from home so that I could carry on studying my singing.
- I was born with red hair which then went blonde and then settled to it’s current mid-brown. All natural!
- I love TV shows! The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, House of Cards, Catfish, Friends, Scrubs, Sherlock, anything with David Attenborough, Plebs, etc.
- I have quite a sarcastic and sometimes blunt sense of humour. I don’t realise I’m doing it!
- I am pasta obsessed. Garlic Philadelphia Carbonara, Macaroni cheese, simple tomato, cheesy bake, bake with chicken and veg in it, pesto. It is my meal solution for most occasions.
- I am the youngest of 3 children, I have a brother and a sister.
- I love animals but am probably more of a dog than a cat person. I find them to be more stable and less likely to scratch my eye out without warning (in general).
- When I get stressed or have a lot on, I get really messy which then stresses me out even more. It’s a vicious circle.
- I have known my best friend all my life. She was one of the first people to see me in hospital as a baby!
Questions from my Nominator
1. What is your first ever memory?
Ummm…my first random memory is just of lying in a cot. Not very interesting. I’d say one of the next memories is of sitting in a friends old Land Rover, drinking milk from a tin camping cup. We must have been on a camping holiday somewhere.
2. What made you get a blog?
Since I finished school last year, I haven’t done very much writing at all. A couple of months ago I thought of writing my own blog and realised how much I miss writing! And with a blog it allows me to write about anything that I want to. Then all I had to do was muster up the courage to put my thoughts on paper…well in writing, for all of internet-kind to see! I also love sharing ideas and my experiences with people and the blogging community is so welcoming!
3. If you had £1000 right now, what is the first thing you would buy and why?
That’s a tricky one. I’d probably save most of it to be honest, perhaps invest a little in my blog like getting my own domain name or something. Without romanticizing anything it would most likely be food…because CHOCOLATE…
4. What is your biggest achievement?
I’m currently playing the title role in an Operetta! I’d say my biggest achievement overall is being successful in what I love doing and trying my best to follow my dreams.
5. What is your favourite band?
Over the past few years I’ve found that with the more time I give to my singing, I don’t choose to listen to much music in my free time. Car music is necessary though – always. I’m guilty of only recently discovering McFly and some McBusted…I had some preconceived idea that they were some kiddy boyband, but their songs are so sing-along-able and their harmonies are great!
6. Do you have any guilty pleasures?
Nutella. It is the answer to all my problems. Kinda. That and binge watching tv series.
7. What is your favourite holiday destination?
I’ve only been abroad once – to Vienna – which was absolutely amazing, the food, the palaces, the cathedrals encrusted with gold and all the baroque designs. All my other holidays have been either to Scottish Islands or in our camper when we were young. I think I am still to find my favourite holiday destination – there is so much more of the world to see.
8. Do you prefer reading books or watching movies?
When I was younger I never had a day where there wasn’t at least one book on the go. Now I find myself sitting in watching TV shows or movies to wind down. I want to get back to reading though – I just need to find some more Dystopian stories.
9. What is your favourite shop?
New Look is my go-to for clothes at the moment – cheap and cheerful with pretty reliable sizing. Boots for makeup and skincare. White Stuff has such gorgeous little displays as does Paperchase. It’s just got sooo many cute and useful things.
10. Do you prefer a day at the beach or a day by the pool?
I think it would depend on the beach, I love seeing beautiful beaches but I doubt I’d be a fan of those busy beaches, filled with people packed-like-sardines. I’m also kinda scared of going in the sea – not that I can swim properly. Yeah, the pool.
11. If you had one wish, what would you wish for?
This probably sounds lame but I think I would wish for happiness. As long as I’m happy in what I’m doing, I should be fine. If I’m happy in life it should mean that the people I love are happy too as if they weren’t I would be sad.
Questions for the blogs I nominate
- Why did you start writing a blog?
- If you could only use one makeup item, what would it be?
- City or Countryside? Why?
- What one object can’t you live without?
- Is there any kind of food you refuse to try?
- What is your favourite colour?
- What would you wish for if you were given one wish?
- Do you have any phobias/what are you most scared of?
- What era/year/decade would you like to visit if it was possible?
- What is your dream destination?
- Do you have any guilty pleasures?
These are some of my favourite blogs, so I’d say they are all worth checking out! Great tips, reviews and lovely people!